Chicken thighs 8-10
Onion 1 large
Garlic 3-4 cloves crushed
Chicken stock 1 cube
Tomatoes tinned 2 x 400g
Chickpeas tinned 1 x 400g
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Harissa paste 2-3 tsps
Tagine paste 3-4 tsps
Peppers 2- 3
Olives 125g pitted
Preserved lemons 4 chopped
Flaked almonds toasted to serve
Fresh coriander to serve
- Light the Aquaforno, fully assembled. Heat up to around 180°
- Brown the Chicken thighs in a Tagine dish (or casserole with a lid) with some olive oil once hot enough.
- The thighs can be grilled slightly instead to brown the skins instead of doing this stage in the tagine dish.
- Remove and sauté the chopped onions, chopped peppers and crushed garlic.
- Add Tagine and Harissa pastes and mix in.
- Add the tomatoes, preserved lemons, olives and apricots, all diced and add the chicken stock.
- Stir together before adding the chicken.
- Place lid on the dish and let simmer for an hour. Check occasionally.
- Add small logs intermittently to keep the temperature consistent.
- When the chicken is cooked through – the meat should fall off the bone, remove the bones and add the chickpeas.
- Warm through and sprinkle with some toasted almonds and chopped coriander.
- To make the couscous, pour water in to the boiler. Once boiling pour over the dried couscous. There should be enough liquid to cover i. Cover bowl and leave to stand.
- When the water is absorbed, fluff up with a fork, add some lemon juice and chopped coriander to taste.