Red onions, sliced 2
Madras paste 3 tbsp
Red chilli, seeded and sliced 1
Ginger paste 1 tbsp
Garlic paste 2 tbsp
Coriander, chopped 1 bunch
Sweet potatoes, diced 2
Tinned chickpeas 2 x 400g tins
Tinned chopped tomatoes 2 x 400g tins
Coconut milk 1 x 400g tin
Spinach, washed 300g
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large dish on the pizza stone with a high flame.
2. Peel, finely slice and add the onion to the dish along with the curry paste. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes, or until the onion is soft and golden. Stirring occasionally, add in garlic and ginger paste and mix.
3. Finely chop the chilli. Pick the coriander leaves and finely slice the stalks. Chop the sweet potatoes into chunks.
4. Add the chilli, coriander stalks and sweet potato to the softened onion. Drain and tip in the chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the tinned tomatoes and 200ml of water and bring to the boil.
6. Reduce the heat to a simmer, then cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Remove the lid, then cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sweet potato is cooked through and the sauce thickened.
8. Stir in the coconut milk and cook for a couple of minutes, then stir in the spinach and cook until wilted.
9. Scatter over the coriander leaves, and then serve with fresh Naan Bread, Pitta Bread or poppadoms.