1 Pork belly, skin on 800-1.2kg
Chinese five spice 1tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
White vinegar 2tbsp
Rock salt 300g
1. To prepare the pork belly, pat the skin dry with a paper towel.
2. Pierce the skin with a tooth pick and/or skewers a tonne of times to make as many tiny holes as possible in the flesh. Make sure to not go through to the meat.
3. Turn the pork belly over and coat the meat with the Chinese 5 spice and salt all over.
4. Turn back over to have skin side up and dab dry with a paper towel once more.
5. Place in the fridge uncovered and skin side up for a minimum of 2 hours.
6. Preheat Aquaforno to about 180c using lump charcoal.
7. Place the pizza stone attachment on to the highest level.
8. Take pork belly out of the fridge and dry the skin from any water that’s seeped out from the top.
9. Place pork onto a large sheet of foil, fold up the sides around it to enclose it snugly leaving around 1.5cm rim above pork skin to hold in the salt.
10. Brush skin with vinegar and spread rock salt on the skin
11. Roast for 60 minutes on the pizza stone with a baking tray underneath.
12. Remove pork from Aquaforno oven and transfer onto a work surface. Add some logs to the charcoal to bring the temperature up to 220 c.
13. Scrape the salt off the top of the skin and dab dry with paper towel.
14. Place back into pizza stone for 30 minutes until skin is gold crispy and puffed.