(Makes about 12 burgers)
400g of black beans rinsed and drained
100g of brown rice
1 white onion – chopped
2 cloves of garlic – grated
2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
1 tablespoon of dried oregano
1/2 bunch of parsley – chopped
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
salt/pepper – to taste
1. Set up the Aquaforno, placing the pizza stone on the top level.
2. Add 1 cup of brown rice to a pan with 3 cups of boiling water from the boiler.
3. Bring to the boil and then cover the pan and let simmer for 45 minutes until soft.
4. Leave to cool and set aside.
5. In a small bowl, take the drained black beans and lightly mash with a fork, leaving some bigger chunks.
6. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together and make 12 patties.
7. Leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
8. Heat up the Aquaforno with grills in place. Once the grills are hot, place the patties on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes each side.
9. Serve with baps and salad of your choice. The Baps can be grilled too.