Table Salt 250g
Golden Caster Sugar 350g
Lemon: Zest 1
Filleted Fresh Salmon 900g
- Mix all ingredients together then cover the salmon completely in an air tight container and leave to cure overnight.
- The next morning, wash off any excess salt. Mix and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Preheat the smoker by placing a tray on the top shelf of the Aquaforno with smoking chips.
- Make sure all visible escapes are sealed and light the smoking chips.
- Once enough smoke has developed, place a small tray of ice in. Put another tray with the salmon on top on the second level grill and leave for 40 minutes to an hour.
- Placing the salmon on top of ice just allowed the salmon to stay at a cold temp as the smoke from above filters down. Keeping the heat above.