Table Salt 250g
Golden Caster Sugar 350g
Lemon: Zest 1
Filleted Fresh Salmon 900g
1. Mix all of the ingredients together and then cover the salmon completely in an air tight container and leave to cure overnight.
2. The next morning, wash off any excess salt. Mix and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
3. Preheat the smoker by placing a tray on the top shelf of the Aquaforno with smoking chips.
4. Make sure all visible escapes are sealed and light the smoking chips.
5. Once enough smoke has developed, place a small tray of ice in. Put another tray with the salmon on top on the second level grill and leave for 40 minutes to an hour.
6. Placing the salmon on top of ice just allows the salmon to stay at a cold temperature as the smoke from above filters down and keeps the heat above.