Cinnamon sticks 2
Star anise 2
Caster sugar 250g
Red wine 75cl
Lemon peeled 1
Orange peeled 1
Bay leaf 2
Vanilla pod sliced in half 1
1. Place a medium size pot on the preheated pizza stone and add the sugar and all of the spices.
2. Once the spices start to perfume, add a splash of orange juice, followed by the lemon and orange peel and vanilla pod. Stir and bring to a boil to create a syrup.
3. Add red wine and stir around until all the syrup all incorporated.
4. Bring to a simmer (do not boil)
5. Let settle and marry all the flavours together for 30 minutes
6. Strain off and put to a jug, when ready to use pour into water tank and garnish your classes with a slice of orange and a cinnamon stick.