Sliced Red Cabbage 2
Star Anise 2
Butter: Softened 500g
Cinnamon stick 1
Caster Sugar 100g
Red Wine Vinegar 40g
1. Cut the cabbage into quarters and then thinly slice
2. Heat up a large pan and add half of the butter.
3. Once melted, add cabbage and salt and stir. Place lid on and let stew low and slow for 10-15 minutes.
4. Add vinegar, cinnamon and star anise and stir again. Place the lid back on for 30-40 minutes very low and slow to not let catch.
5. Add the rest of the butter and sugar and let cook out for another 20/25 minutes until reduced and wilted by half, it should be nice and sticky.