Unsmoked boneless gammon 2KG
Carrot: peeled/roughly chopped 3
Onion: quartered 2
Cinnamon bark 2
Bay leaf 2
- Preheat Aquaforno to 200c with pizza stone on 2nd level.
- Put 2kg un-smoked boneless gammon joint in a large pan and cover with 2L of cola.
- Add carrot, onion, cinnamon stick, cloves and 1 bay leaf. Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer (you can just not add any more fuel to let the temp drop naturally) for around 2 hrs, topping up with boiling water if necessary to keep the gammon fully covered.
- Carefully pour the liquid away, but keep about 300ml
- Lift the ham into casserole dish with a lid, then cut away the skin leaving behind an even layer of fat. Score the fat all over in a criss-cross pattern.
- Mix 70g honey with the reminder of the cola liquid
- Pour half over ham and roast for 40 minutes, then pour over the rest and return to the oven for another 20 minutes, baste half way through.
Remove from the oven and allow resting for 10 minutes, then spoon more glaze over the top
- Place to serving dish and slice up.