Whole chicken 1
Olive oil 30ml
Smoked paprika 3tbsp
Dried thyme 2 tbsp
Chopped red chilli 2
White wine vinegar 50ml
Caster sugar 2tbsp
Lemon juiced 2
Dried corriander 1tsp
Onion chopped 1
Fresh parsley 50g
Mixed herbs 2tbsp
Garlic clove 1
Bay leaf 1
1. Take chicken and cut the back bone out with a pair of scissors. (see video on our Facebook & Instagram page)
2. Place back side down and press firmly on the breast bone to flatten the chicken and make some minor slashes on the body to help cook evenly.
3. Place all ingredients together and crush with a pestle and mortar. It should be a loose paste. Rub the paste all over chicken leaving some to brush on throughout cooking.
4. Let marinade for an hour, but for best results over night.
5. Heat the Aquaforno up to 220c with the grills on second level attached.
6. Place chicken on the grills to get some nice char grill marks before placing it in a baking dish and cook for 1 hour. Baste the chicken every 20 minutes.
7. Let rest for 10 minutes and enjoy with our fabulous Spiced Wedges or fresh Corn on the Cob.