Chicken stock 1.5L
White Wine 200ml
Mussels: cleaned 12
Prawns: Thawed(if frozen) and washed 12
(Optional) Firmed White Fish: Large Cubes 100g
Spanish Chorizo: Sliced in half then chopped 200g
Parsley: Roughly chopped 10g
Garlic: Minced 10g
Smoked Paprika 2tsp
Fresh Thyme: Picked 5
Medium Brown Onion: Small Diced 2
Tomato Paste 10g
Bell Pepper: Small diced 1
Paella Rice 450g
Aioli (garlic mayo)
1. Heat broth in a large pot. Stir in saffron.
2. Pat fish and shrimp dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and let sit 10 minutes.
3. Use a mortar and pestle to mash parsley, garlic, thyme and 1/6 tsp. salt into a paste; stir in paprika. Add water if necessary to form a paste. If you do not have a mortar and pestle you can simply chop all ingredients up finely add them to a small bowl add salt and mixed very well.
1. Heat 6 tbsp. of oil in 16.5″ Aquaforno© paella pan over medium high heat and quickly brown the fish 1-2 minutes. Do not fully cook. Remove to warm plate.
2. Add remaining 2 tbsp. of oil, onion and bell pepper to paella pan and cook until the vegetables are slightly softened.
3. Add wine to pan and cook for a minute.
4. Raise the heat; add tomato and cook for 2-5 minutes until thickens.
5. Pour in the hot broth and bring to a boil.
6. Sprinkle the rice evenly across the pan. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring rice and rotating pan occasionally (this allows a fuller even cooking process that may change due to outside weather conditions such as wind).
7. Add all fish (but not prawn). Stir in parsley paste. Taste for salt. Do not stir after this point. (Paella is not risotto, you don’t want to move the rice much to make it starchy)
8. Lower the heat, continue to simmer until rice is no longer soupy but enough liquid remains to continue cooking the rice (about 10 min.). Add extra liquid if necessary
1. Arrange shrimp, clams and mussels over rice, placing edges of mussel and so they open facing up.
2. Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes until rice is almost done.
3. Remove pan from the heat and cover with foil. Let sit 10 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with fresh aioli.