Beef Mince (10%) 690g
Dark Stout Beer 200ml
Tomato Paste 3 tbsp
Chilli Powder 2tsp
Ground Cumin 3 tbsp
Coriander: Roughly chopped 10g
Dried Oregano 3 tbsp
Smoked Paprika 4tsp
Garlic Powder 3tsp
Onion Powder 3tsp
Cayenne powder (optional) 1tsp
Chopped Tinned Tomatoes 800g
Red Kidney beans: Drained 400g
Bell Pepper: Small Diced 2
Spring onion: Thinly sliced greens
Sour Cream (Optional)
1. Heat up a dutch oven or cast iron pan with high walls on top of the pizza stone or straight onto of the grills.
2. Once hot, add a little oil and the beef mince.
3. Break down the mince making sure is getting evenly cooked and browned.
4. Once meet is nice and brown, take out and leave in a bowl for later.
5. Add: onions, garlic and tomato paste to the pot and cook until they start to soften up. Then add the spices: cumin, coriander, chilli powder, oregano, paprika, garlic and onion powder, cook those for a few minutes as well.
6. De-glaze with stout beer and let the liquid reduce for a few minutes.
7. Bringing the temperature down to a medium/low heat, put the beef mince back into the pot and mix.
8. Then, add the tinned tomatoes, kidney beans, peppers to the pot.
9. Close the oven door and let stew for 20 minutes.
10. Check the seasoning.
11. Add chopped coriander through it (optional)
12. Enjoy it with some fresh and warm jalapeño bread